Commercial Umbrella Insurance, otherwise known as Umbrella Liability Insurance, helps in covering the expenses caused by damages to you and your business. This type of insurance covers and protects your business from potential loss, especially when you and your business are placed in a compromising situation.
While other insurances cover the repair, rebuilding, and recovery of your business in times of disasters, commercial umbrella insurance saves your business from costly expenses that falls under your responsibility. If your business becomes the culprit towards the accidents of others, then it is most likely responsible for the damage. Especially if the damages are severe, then the cost would also be high. And when the cost is high, then there would be a serious subtraction from your funds. Commercial umbrella insurance is the answer to that problem.
What Does Commercial Umbrella Insurance Liability Cover?
Since there are a lot of different business areas, the commercial umbrella insurance covers the following liabilities:
- Product liability. If the product that your business makes causes damage and harm to the customer or the employees, the cost for their recovery may be covered by the commercial umbrella insurance. Examples of these are: food poisoning, minor accidents, skin inflammation, allergies, and the like.
- Premises liability. If there are events that may have caused accidents and injuries to the guests and workers, then the damage will be compensated. Such accidents and injury would be fractures, scratches, burns, sprains, and bruises. Other injuries due to these accidents such as trauma can also be included.
- Auto liability. Some companies may have their own vehicles that have individual usages. Accidents involving these vehicles are the ones covered by the insurance. This covers auto accidents that may cause damage to another vehicle, a building, or an individual or group of individuals.
- Professional liability. When your business or your employees fail to offer appropriate professionalism and would result to offenses and maltreatment to the customers, your insurance covers for the damages or distress caused by the behavior of your staff. These acts include sexual, physical, or verbal abuse, terrible performance, and bad service.
- General liability. This would involve your overall protection towards your customers and employees. This includes bodily injury, property damage, and personal liability.
These are just some of the liabilities that the commercial umbrella insurance covers. Although, this depends solely on the agency, it is best to always ask and clarify. If you need further clarification, talk to the professionals here at Karras Rule Insurance Services, and we’ll guide you through the entire process. Choose us and we guarantee the best insurance service in town at the tip of your fingers.